facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Friday, February 12, 2021

Fridays are for Reflecting!

 


Class Dojo Reflection Activity


    Raise your hand if Class Dojo is your best friend! I really wish you could see how high my hand is raised and how hard I'm smiling right now! I use Class Dojo faithfully, to help enhance my behavior/culture system. Credits and rewards are earned for good choices while "reminders" (aka negative points) and consequences are earned for poor choices. At the end of each week, my students log into their student accounts to view their points and reflect on their behavior for the week. This routine has really helped my 3rd Graders to develop self accountability and goal setting strategies. Here's how I assign the Class Dojo Reflection Activity:
  1. Upload the assignment to your preferred virtual learning platform. I like to use the 'Worksheets' feature on Class Dojo but you can definitely assign it on GoogleClasssroom using Google Slides or other platforms.
  2. Students login to the student accounts on Class Dojo to view their reports for the week. I give them about 3-5 minutes of viewing and they have the option to ask questions about any of their credits or reminders (I have the memory of an elephant on most occasions but if you have a bad memory, then I do not recommend encouraging questions lol).
  3. Students then complete the reflection activity by inserting text boxes for each prompt. Try to encourage students to find trends in their behavior. Maybe they have a hard time in the mornings but they start to improve later in the day. Or perhaps Wednesday was rough all together and they're just realizing that they were triggered by something that happened at home. This is my favorite step because I tend to get lots of heart felt apologies (without asking). It seems as though my 3rd graders are becoming more aware of how their actions impact the team and holding themselves accountable. 
  4. Students share their goals if they feel comfortable. Sharing a goal sometimes helps to solidify its purpose and promote peer accountability. When you forget your goal or start to fall back into bad habits, your friends will remind you of the endgame!
  5. The teacher gives feedback and affirms students. Although we are still making progress with creating SMART goals as 3rd graders, I never want to downplay a student's personal goal. I try my best to encourage them to make a goal based on a trend in their behavior and affirm them for acknowledging it.




If you like this resource and would like to incorporate it into your virtual/hybrid learning routine, download this freebie from my Teachers Pay Teachers store today. It comes with a Google Slides page for GoogleClassroom and the PNG image for teachers to save and use as necessary. Let me know how your students enjoyed the Friday Reflection!

Happy Teaching...on Coffee!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme